This is a super easy and quick recipe to make, which is just what you want in the morning. Feeds 6, or 3 really hungry people.
Here’s what you are going to need:
- 6 English white muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium-large potato
- American (Kraft) cheese slices
- Streaky bacon
- Butter (optional)
- A cast iron skillet, or frying pan
- A muffin/cupcake baking tray with 6 slots
- Start by frying some chopped up potatoes in your skillet with a little oil, and set aside once done.
- Cook the streaky bacon until it gets very crispy. The key to making crispy bacon is to cook it slowly.
- Put the cooked potatoes into the muffin tray.
- And crack raw eggs into each one!
- Next, crush the crispy bacon into bits and sprinkle over the top.
- Slice the muffins into halves and place under the grill for a minute to lightly toast them.
- Put the muffin tray into the oven for about 7-10 minutes on a medium-high heat. Keep a close eye on them. If you do it right, they should look a little like this!
- Because the potato chunks still had a little oil on them, it was easy to use a spoon to lift them out of the tray.
- Put a slice of cheese on top and you’re done!
You may want to butter the bread too because I found it a little dry without.