And now for something completely different (other than cooking).
I decided to spend my quarterly bonus upgrading my somewhat tired gaming PC, and splashed out on a new graphics card, new RAM, a quality PSU and an SSD.
The SSD isn’t arriving until Monday, but this system is already putting the PS4 to shame with the new graphics card.
Here’s what the spec will look like once I get the SSD installed:
- AMD Phenom X4 955 Black Edition CPU @ 3.2GHz
- 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
- Gigabyte motherboard with AMD 770 chipset
- NVidia GTX 560Ti 448 core graphics card
- Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD
- 1TB HD for games, 2TB HD for media (e.g. music and video files)
- Corsair 760i, 760W modular PSU
- Xbox 360 controller
- Iiyama E2407HDS 1080p HD 24″ monitor
Gaming on that lot is amazing. Crysis 2 and Grid 2 are a stunning experience.